O’Keefe Media Group
A celebrated American journalist and media innovator, James O’Keefe and his team is renowned for their impactful reporting that has inspired legislative reforms, led to official congressional inquiries, and the defunding of corrupt institutional programs.
The OMG mission is to empower and equip a movement of thousands of citizen journalists to expose wrongdoings, corruption, and government overreach, with the support of an in-house team of elite journalists to bring factual, unbiased stories to light.
We are in search of a Social Media Manager to oversee the comprehensive planning and execution of our social media initiatives across multiple platforms. This role involves close collaboration with content writers to produce and disseminate material that is in line with our mission of undercover journalism. As the Social Media Manager, you will be entrusted with the engagement of our online audience.
You will also serve as the liaison for customer service and support issues, directing messages and concerns to the appropriate departments— be it journalistic tips to our news team, IT-related issues to our technical department, or personal correspondence to our CEO and internal team members.
- Oversee the strategic planning and execution of social media campaigns across multiple platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Rumble, YouTube, and Locals.
- Collaborate closely with content writers to curate and disseminate material that aligns with our journalistic mission.
- Manage nuanced audience engagement across social media platforms, handling replies, direct messages, and other forms of interaction.
- Execute newsletter campaigns and manage various mailing lists, including customers, subscribers, donors, students, and prospects.
- Serve as the liaison for customer service and support issues, directing messages and concerns to appropriate departments such as the news team, technical department, or CEO and internal team members.
- Monitor social media trends and community management opportunities to ensure content relevance and audience engagement.
- Own the end-to-end process for posting, scheduling, and managing social media accounts.
- Contribute innovative and engaging content ideas tailored for social media platforms.
- Consult with internal stakeholders throughout the content creation and distribution process, from production to post-production.
- Ensure that our social media and newsletter campaigns are impactful and resonate with our target audience.
- Generate weekly and monthly analytics reports to assess the impact and reach of social media and newsletter campaigns.
- Must demonstrate loyalty to both cause and the Founder.
- Must be deeply passionate about OMG’s mission.
- Must possess a willingness to risk it all on the truth and stay strong under insurmountable pressure.
- The ideal candidate is a hard worker with a great attitude.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize diverse tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects and activities with simultaneous deadlines
- Minimum 3 years experience.
- Ability to work to a tight schedule.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- A familiarity with the fast pace of a startup organization (media org. preferred).
- Must be able to work 3 days a week in our NJ office (Northvale, NJ).
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit coverage.
- 3 weeks of paid time off.