O’Keefe Media Group
A celebrated American journalist and media innovator, James O’Keefe and his team is renowned for their impactful reporting that has inspired legislative reforms, led to official congressional inquiries, and the defunding of corrupt institutional programs.
The OMG mission is to empower and equip a movement of thousands of citizen journalists to expose wrongdoings, corruption, and government overreach, with the support of an in-house team of elite journalists to bring factual, unbiased stories to light.
We are looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches Producer’s vision and is suitable for public consumption. Ultimately, as a film and video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is engaging to the audience.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Filming various styles of content in various locations.
- Must demonstrate loyalty to both cause and the Founder.
- Must be deeply passionate about OMG’s mission.
- Must possess a willingness to risk it all on the truth and stay strong under insurmountable pressure.
- The ideal candidate is a hard worker with a great attitude.
- Minimum 3 years video editing experience.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. DaVinci Resolve 18, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, etc.)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience with video cameras and audio equipment, and recording various styles of content (e.g. in-studio shoots, podcasts, on the road/in the field, etc.)
- Ability to work to a tight schedule.
- Ability to translate ideas into complete projects.
- Familiarity with special effects and storytelling.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- A familiarity with the fast pace of a startup organization (media org. preferred).
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Must be able to work 5 days a week in our NJ office (Northvale, NJ).
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit coverage.
- 3 weeks of paid time off.