O’Keefe Media Group
A celebrated American journalist and media innovator, James O’Keefe and his team is renowned for their impactful reporting that has inspired legislative reforms, led to official congressional inquiries, and the defunding of corrupt institutional programs.
The OMG mission is to empower and equip a movement of thousands of citizen journalists to expose wrongdoings, corruption, and government overreach, with the support of an in-house team of elite journalists to bring factual, unbiased stories to light.
We are looking for an experienced news producer to manage our reporting from start to finish, overseeing both editorial content of the news and how that news is produced and presented to the public across all of our channels: Social Media, Press Releases, and Newsletters. As a news producer, you will collaborate with the video editors and journalists and will supervise the overall content and flow of news distribution. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure newscasts are executed cleanly, are relevant to current events, and meet our audience’s preferences.
- Create short form video content OMG social accounts including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Rumble, YouTube, and Locals.
- Work with our production team to shoot and edit short-form video content throughout the country.
- Monitor content trends and community management opportunities across all platforms.
- Own the process for posting and managing social media accounts.
- Contribute engaging content ideas for social media platforms
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Writing social media content.
- Hold ideas sessions for upcoming projects.
- Share weekly and monthly stats reports.
- Must demonstrate loyalty to both cause and the Founder.
- Must be deeply passionate about OMG’s mission.
- Must possess a willingness to risk it all on the truth and stay strong under insurmountable pressure.
- The ideal candidate is a hard worker with a great attitude.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize diverse tasks in a high-energy environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects and activities with simultaneous deadlines
- Minimum 3 years producer experience.
- Familiar with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. DaVinci Resolve 18, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, etc.).
- Must be knowledgeable in various styles of content (e.g. in-studio shoots, podcasts, on the road/in the field, etc.).
- Ability to work to a tight schedule.
- Strong storyteller.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- A familiarity with the fast pace of a startup organization (media org. preferred).
- Must be able to work 3 days a week in our NJ office (Northvale, NJ).
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit coverage.
- 3 weeks of paid time off.